Public Health of Humboldt County
Humboldt County Public Health is Humboldt County’s Department of Health, with the Board of Health providing oversight for many of the activities.
Public Health Services include:
- Skilled In-Home Nursing Services
- Homemaker and Personal Care Services
- Blood Pressure Screening Clinics – in office and off site
- Immunization Clinics
- Communicable Disease Control, Prevention and Follow-up
- WIC, Maternal Child Health, Child Health Clinics, Oral Health, Lead Testing & Outreach Services
- Family Program – HOPES and Early Head Start
- Corporate/Community Health Services (on site screenings & wellness programs)
- Postpartum Home Nursing Visits, Breastfeeding Education
- Presumptive Title 19 for children and pregnant moms
- Health Promotion Visits upon hospital discharge
- Car Seat Safety Inspections
- Flu Clinics
- Community Coalition and Partnership
- Community Emergency Preparedness
- Interpreter Services
- Smoking Cessation Classes & Tobacco Education
Humboldt County Public Health offers a variety of services to all ages of residents in Humboldt County. If we are not able to meet a need of a Humboldt County resident, we will assist with a referral to an agency that can meet a person’s needs. We are staffed with licensed RN’s; certified home care aides; office manager and social worker.
If there are questions as to services that can be provided or for information on health related concerns, please contact Humboldt County Public Health at (515) 332-2492.