HCMH provides a full service clinical laboratory for Humboldt County and surrounding area. Over 100,000 tests per year are performed in our CLIA accredited High Complexity laboratory. Because our laboratory utilizes state-of-the-art equipment and highly qualified personnel, we are able to perform a multitude of tests to furnish your physician with the needed information to aid in your diagnosis and treatment. The laboratory engages in strict quality control and improvement programs to ensure accurate and precise test results.
Hours of Operation for Outpatient Service:
- Monday – Friday 7:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturday 8:00 am to 11:00 am
No Appointments are necessary for routine lab tests. Please register at the front office area before presenting at the lab.
A physician order is required for all laboratory tests. Test results are sent directly to your physician.
Our Lab fax # is 515-332-7689.
- If you are instructed to fast or have your blood tested at a particular time, it is vital for the accuracy of the test that you follow the instructions. Fasting tests generally require 8 to 12 hours without food. Small amounts of water are acceptable during the fast. If you are on medication, continue to take it on schedule.
- Specialized tests not performed at HCMH are routinely referred to Quest Diagnostic Laboratory. Specimens are picked up by courier and results are sent back to our lab by computer.
- Blood products are supplied by the Life Serve Blood Center. The entire blood supply comes from volunteer donors. The Blood Center may be reached at 1-800-287-4903.
- Pathology services (analysis of tissue samples) are provided by Iowa Pathology Associates, Des Moines, Iowa.
- Certified personnel provide DOT and Non-DOT drug screen collection and breath alcohol testing services for area businesses. Contact the laboratory to setup your business for this service. Appointments are necessary.
HCMH Laboratory Fax # 515-332-7689