Humboldt County Memorial Hospital Laboratory
Humboldt County Memorial Hospital (HCMH) provides a full-service clinical laboratory for Humboldt County and surrounding area. Over 100,000 tests per year are performed in our CLIA accredited High Complexity laboratory. Because our laboratory utilizes state-of-the-art equipment and highly qualified personnel, we are able to perform a multitude of tests to furnish your physician with the needed information to aid in your diagnosis and treatment. The laboratory engages in strict quality control and improvement programs to ensure accurate and precise test results.
The HCMH Lab is CLIA certified for the following specialties/sub-specialties in the Lab:
- Routine Chemistry
- Hematology and Blood Bank (ABO & Rh Group, Antibody Transfusion, Antibody Non-Transfusion & Compatibility Testing)
Personnel are also certified to collect DOT and Non-DOT drug screens and to perform breath alcohol testing for business.
Hours of Operation for Outpatient Service:
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Note: During our construction, a specimen collection room (located by the new temporary main entrance) will be staffed from 7:00 to 10:00 AM Monday through Friday for your convenience.
No appointments are necessary for routine lab tests. Please stop at the Registration Desk before presenting at the lab.
An order from your provider is required for all laboratory tests. Test results are sent directly to your provider when completed.
- If you are instructed to fast or have your blood tested at a particular time, it is vital for the accuracy of the test that you follow the instructions. Fasting tests generally require 8 to 12 hours without food. Small amounts of water are acceptable during the fast. If you are on medication, continue to take it on schedule.
- Specialized tests not performed at HCMH are routinely referred to Quest Diagnostic Laboratory. Specimens are picked up by courier and results are sent back to our lab by computer.
- Blood products are supplied by the Life Serve Blood Center. The entire blood supply comes from volunteer donors. The Blood Center may be reached at 1-800-287-4903.
- Pathology services (analysis of tissue samples) are provided by Iowa Pathology Associates, Des Moines, Iowa.
Certified personnel provide DOT and Non-DOT drug screen collection and breath alcohol testing services for area businesses. Contact the laboratory to setup your business for this service. Appointments are necessary.
Please call 515-332-7640 for any questions or concerns relating to your Laboratory testing.
Phil Rose, Laboratory Director
1000 15th Street North, Humboldt, IA 50548
Phone (515) 332-7640 | Fax (515) 332-7689