Dietitian & Nutrition Information | Humboldt County Memorial Hospital
Our registered dietitian is committed to providing exceptional patient centered care using evidence-based medical nutrition therapy to meet patients and families diverse needs.
Patients under the care of a physician can be referred to a dietitian for nutrition counseling. Once the dietitian receives the referral, you will be contacted to set a convenient appointment time for a nutrition consultation.
Medical nutrition therapy is provided by our registered dietitian to help improve your health in the following nutrition related medical conditions:
- Weight management
- Pre-diabetes or diabetes prevention
- Decrease in appetite / unintentional weight loss
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- High triglycerides
- High blood pressure
- Gastrointestinal (GI) conditions
General Nutrition Information
In addition to medical nutrition therapy listed above, our dietitian provides education on general nutrition topics to help you with an overall healthier lifestyle with nutrition and food.
General nutrition topics include:
- Meal planning
- Portion control
- Nutrient dense snacks
- Reading labels
- And more!
Body Composition Analysis
Starting a new health journey? What better way to get started than to mark your beginning and measure your progress along the way.
Whether your goal is to increase muscle mass or reduce body fat, a body composition analysis can show you the details no regular scale can.
- Receive information regarding muscle mass and fat percentage in your trunk versus each limb, displayed on a print out.
- Highly accurate results using a Tanita BC-418 Segmental Body Composition Analyzer.
- Scheduled as a 15-minute appointment that does not need a referral and is not billed to insurance.
- Fee includes the test, print out, and explanation of results. Nutrition counseling or education is not included.
Good nutrition is a key component of recovering from surgery or illness. Our registered dietitian and support team works with acute care patients found to be at nutritional risk. All skilled patients are assessed by the dietitian in a timely fashion. Care is coordinated with the health care team and regular follow up visits are conducted to monitor patient progress.
Resources suggested by our registered dietitian:
Read Article(s) Here:
Slow Cooker Meals
Make 2022 Your Year
Amanda Thul, Dietitian
1000 15th Street North, Humboldt, IA 50548
Phone (515) 332-7608 | Fax (515) 332-7616